Forums » News and Announcements

probably play on the same line

• 182 posts
    January 12, 2018 7:13 AM PST

Well, that was easy. As the newly minted coach of the Atlantic Division -- clearly the standards are lowered, as I have yet to learn to skate -- my top line Corey Crawford Youth Jersey fell right in my lap. You can't go any other way than with the home team, combining Tampa Bay Lightning forwards Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov with defenseman Victor Hedman; they have a combined 145 points (50 goals, 95 assists) in 43 games. We'll round that out with starting goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy, earning them (and, by extension, me) the adoration of the crowd at Amalie Arena. I've got to follow that with forwards Jack Eichel of the Buffalo Sabres and Auston Matthews of the Toronto Maple Leafs with Ottawa Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson, and then I've got forward Aleksander Barkov of the Florida Panthers playing the role of Patrice Bergeron to Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand in my most defensively capable line. It's not all defense though, with Detroit Red Wings defenseman Mike Green triggering the Duncan Keith Youth Jersey counterattack. Defense, of course, is not the point here; this is the All-Star Game, after all. That's right, I get to arrange the lines in the Central Division. But when it comes to assembling the top line, it's almost too easy. I know, it's the All-Star Game and there's no shortage of skill. But there's skill and then there's super-fantastic skill, so my top line unites Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane and Dallas Stars forward Tyler Seguin. Just in case there isn't enough razzle-dazzle there, I'm putting Nashville Predators defenseman P.K. Subban with them. Let's watch the fun, eh? The next Jonathan Toews Youth Jersey two lines are a mix of experience and firepower (speaking of which, what a first half for Klingberg, with six goals and 39 points in 43 games). As for goaltending, Connor Hellebuyck (23-4-6, 2.36 goals-against average, .923 save percentage) has been tremendous for the Winnipeg Jets. That, combined with it being his first All-Star appearance, earns him the start. Well, if you can pronounce Cotsonika. With this kind of personnel even I could coach the Pacific Division, mixing speed, skill, shooters and passers in each three-man unit. Vancouver Canucks forward Brock Boeser leads rookies with 22 goals, thanks to his quick release. Who better to feed him than Edmonton Oilers forward Patrick Kane Youth Jersey Connor McDavid, the reigning scoring champion, and San Jose Sharks defenseman Brett Burns, the scoring leader among defensemen last season? Defenseman Drew Doughty and center Anze Kopitar belong together thanks to their chemistry with the Los Angeles Kings. They often play 3-on-3 in overtime with Dustin Brown. Anaheim Ducks forward Rickard Rakell can play the Brown role. He's a right-handed shot, like Brown, and has 31 points (15 goals, 16 assists) this season, compared to Brown's 32 (15 goals, 17 assists). Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau is fifth in the NHL with 36 assists. He'll find Vegas Golden Knights forward James Neal, who has scored as many as 40 goals in a season. They'll work well with Arizona Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson.